Nothing can bring a smile to a mother's face like those three little words, "Time for bed".

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

15 Minute HairBand


I found out yesterday after the kiddos got home from school that they had picture day on Tuesday (today). Well, that sent me into a frenzy! I work 2 nights a week (Sunday & Monday) so my hubby has to get the monkeys ready for school Monday & Tuesday mornings. He does pretty good, but hair is NOT his specialty! Sometimes Em looks like she has a rat nest in the back of her head because she's just not that great at brushing it yet ;) So, I threw together a little hairband that would be cute and easy. I also left the hubs specific directions on how to brush her hair hehe!


The supplies I used were...
3 colors of felt
3 different sized circles
3 buttons
scissors
needle & thread
hot glue
piece of thin elastic

 I traced a medicine bottle, a candle and a jar lid for my patterns! Haha! I used whatever was closest to me!!

 Cut 3 circles of each size...I did 3 larger in light purple, 3 mediums in dark purple and 3 small in the pink.


After all of the circles are cut out, stack each color together (like above).
Take each stack and evenly cut slits around the circle. Do not cut all the way through...These are going to look like your little petals.





When you have finished with each color, it is time to add the buttons (or whatever you choose to be you centers...be creative!)


Sew each flower together :)

Stack the flowers together in a way that is appealing to you....glue them together. Next, lay the group of flowers on a scrap of coordinating felt and trace. Cut out the shape.



After the shape is cut out stitch the elastic to the shape.
Please don't judge my stitches!! :)
It just takes about 4-5 stitches on each side...
Now it's time to glue the flowers on!! YAY! My Favorite part :)
And Wa-La! You are now the proud owner of a cute little hairband that you made all by yourself!!!!



My Beautiful "Em"

                                                                            
Have FUN!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment