Nothing can bring a smile to a mother's face like those three little words, "Time for bed".

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Spring Break Crafting

  Little Yellow Easter Chick
Spring Break is here! The weather has been beautiful and I have to admit, it has been awfully nice not getting up at the crack of dawn :) But....the kids are kinda driving me nuts hehe! They have been bickering like you wouldn't believe and today I have a couple extra monsters running around! Yes, that makes 5 little monsters running around my house! So, I was thinking that maybe I could keep them all busy with Easter crafts!


The first craft I started with while the big kids were out playing in the beautiful sunshine, was baby Noah's little yellow chick. He's not quite 1, so it's really for his mommy :) I took different ideas from several websites and put them together...

I used...
yellow, orange and white construction paper
2 wiggly eyes
1 orange pipe cleaner
yellow paint
glue
scissors
 The first thing I did was paint Noah's little hands and make 2 hand-prints on the white paper. 
(just so that they could dry while I cut all of the pieces out)
 Set the wet hand prints aside...take your yellow (or whatever color you choose) construction paper and cut an egg-like shape out.
 Take you wiggly eyes and glue them on. These little eyes make me laugh!!!
Fold the orange construction paper in half and cut a little triangle...this is the chicks beak :)
Then use a small line of glue and place the beak....
 Looking cute!!!
Okay, now it's time for the feet...hmmmm. 
I used an orange pipe cleaner and I kinda like the way it turned out.
 Make a little "M" shape...
 Twist the ends together...
 Then make an upside down "U" and repeat the other 2 steps.
Now you have feet!
 Glue the little feet to the back of your chick :)

 The final step is to cut out the hand-prints and glue them on...
Here's your Little Yellow Easter Chick with your baby's tiny hand-prints!!!

2 comments: